Making quick and healthy dinners can seem almost impossible, especially with dietary restrictions. All ingredients are from my local Trader Joe’s (crusts are pre-made in the freezer section) and took under 30 minutes to make. Feel free to improvise toppings but these are two of my favorites. The first pizza is a cauliflower crust Prosciutto Pesto Pizza and the second is a gluten free flour Caprese Pizza. Bon Appetite!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
This is extremely important to follow directions on the package. Cook the crust fully THEN top it. Do not top pizza until crust has been cooked in the oven on 475 for 10 minutes on each side. Trust me, I am still scraping off cheese from my kitchen floor (yes the first pizza failed miserably because I did not follow directions…oops. And yes cheese is on my floor from leaking out of the oven.)
- Follow directions on pizza crust box, heating oven to 475. Cook crust on the oven rack for 10 minutes on each side.
- After the crust is fully cooked, pull out of oven and top with cauliflower friendly toppings. This means nothing too saucy. The perfect sauce was a light layer of pesto.
- I added sliced mushrooms, dried figs, and parmesan. Put back in the oven (can put directly on rack but make sure to put a cookie sheet on the rack underneath just in case!)
- Bake for 5 more minutes to warm toppings.
- Then top with room temperature ingredients prosciutto, arugula, and a drizzle of aged balsamic.
Gluten Free Flour Crust
I am a huge fan of this crust. Its easy to work with, affordable, and gives me a full pizza fix with no stomach ache. I got the idea of using bruschetta sauce from The Skinny Confidential for pizza and I’ll never go back to regular pizza sauce.
- Follow directions on package, heating oven to 425. Pull crust out from freezer to defrost for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the crust is defrosted, top with your favorite toppings. I used bruschetta sauce (photographed), fresh organic tomatoes, mozzarella (so gooey and amazing), and huge sliced of garlic.
- Bake on the oven rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and top with fresh basil.
- Enjoy your delicious Caprese Pizza!