Happy Monday! Here is a quick and easy breakfast recipe to add a boost of antioxidants, magnesium and iron to jump start your day! Hidden in this energizing Acai bowl is organic spinach, kale, and apple cider vinegar! Spinach is the beauty secret for long healthy hair and glowing skin. Kale is an antioxidant that helps prevent damage due to free radicals (think pollution or cancer causing chemicals) check out this article about more benefits of kale from Dr. Axe here. Apple cider vinegar helps support weight loss by speeding up metabolism and suppresses appetite (more info on ACV here). Let’s not waste anymore time…
I found my acai packets at Costco. You can find at most health food markets and usually at big chain super markets too. For less sugar, use unsweetened or an acai powder.
- 2 organic acai packets ( I used Sambazon)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic nut milk
- Handful organic spinach
- Handful organic kale
- 1/2 frozen banana (add 1/2 cup ice if fresh banana)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced organic strawberries (add bananas or any fresh fruit that is in season and local)
- 1/4 cup One Degree Gluten Free Organic Granola
- 1 tbsp local bee pollen
- 1 tbsp drizzled raw honey
- Put all ingredients (except toppings) in blender
- Blend (should not be too liquidy, add ice if need to thicken)
- Pour in bowl
- Top with toppings plus additional superfoods if desired!
Go through your day being thankful for your body. Keep it nourished and it will have you feeling energized and healthy in return!