This easy, healthy meal is made possible thanks to From The Sun Oils! I used their walnut oil which is a natural anti-aging remedy, improves circulation, decreases chance of heart attacks, and lowers cholesterol naturally!
I not only love to use it in my recipes, but use it as a makeup remover! It hydrates delicate skin under the eyes and naturally decreases dark circles due to circulation properties (and is anti-wrinkle too!). You can also refrigerate for a refreshing eye cream before bed.
I love quinoa salad. There is an endless possibility of combinations – you can never get bored. These flavors went amazing together with a Mediterranean feel. I made the quinoa salad, added grilled the chicken, and topped with arugula with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Delicious. Can meal prep for healthy lunches for the week or impress guests.
- 1/2 cup From the Sun Walnut Oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced yellow
- 3 cloves diced garlic
- 1 can rinsed garbanzo beans
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 organic boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Herbs de Provence (oregano, thyme, rosemary blend)
- Himalayan Salt
Grill chicken in sauté pan stove top:
- Slice chicken breasts in half to thin, but keep connected
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in pan on medium
- Add chicken to pan. Add Himalayan salt, pepper, 1/2 lemon squeezed, and Herbs de Provence. Flip after 5 minutes and golden brown.
- Season other side of chicken breast. Saute for 5 additional minutes.
- Set aside, let chicken rest on plate/ cutting board away from heat. Cutting into it to early will leave it dry.
Prepare Quinoa Salad:
- Add all quinoa salad ingredients to large bowl except arugula
- Mix together
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Finally, add quinoa salad to plate. Top with a handful of arugula, grilled chicken, drizzle of walnut oil and a squeeze of lemon. Garish with red pepper flakes for a kick!